Tuesday, June 12, 2007

How Do You Measure Your Achievements?

By: Gary Vurnum

"My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me."


This quote isn't one of my own - although I would like to echo its sentiments.
It was the great Winston Churchill who said it. A man who lead the Allies to victory in the Second World War.

A man who became one of Britain's most-loved heroes.
Yet - even though he achieved more in his life than you or I could possibly imagine - he certainly knew what was the most important part of his life.
It's easy to measure your achievements by the material things you have, or by how much money you earn.

It's much harder to put a value on those things that are vitally important for a happy and successful life:
- A good relationship with your spouse
- Happy, 'balanced' children
- Your health
- Somewhere to live

[Read full article]

No comments: