Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why Are You Not The Success You Want To Be?

By: Zach Kong

Just sometime ago, my mentor asked me the exact same question, Why are you not the success you want to be?

Well, you can imagine the look on my face. The question just caught me off guard while I was having lunch with him.


Well, I think it s because I am not focus enough and not taking the correct actions? , I answered in guilt.

No, no. From what I can see, you re laser focused and is taking massive actions. So why are you still not obtaining the success you desire to have?

At that time I was confused. Totally confused. So what was my mentor driving at? After pondering over the question for some time, I slowly shook my head to signal to him my ignorance and embrace myself for a valuable lesson.

During our lunch time, he went into a lengthy explanation that we are in fact the successes that we want to be. Just that, we often put our foresight too far in front of us that we fail to see what s just in front of us.

Now is the accepted time, not tomorrow, not some more convenient season.
It is today that our best work can be done and not some future day or future year.
It is today that we fit ourselves for the greater usefulness of tomorrow.
Today is the seed time, now are the hours of work, and tomorrow comes the harvest and the playtime.
~~ W.E.B. Du Bois ~~

We re in fact successes in accordance to our values. Like any other people, including successful entrepreneurs, we all have within us a value system.

[Read full article]

No comments: