Monday, March 12, 2007

Street Smart Child

You may think that what you read in newspapers about bad things happening to children can never happen to you or your family member. I used to think about it that way too until a week ago. A fourteen-year-old girl went out with her friends and until this date she has not come home yet without any news. She is a daughter of one family in my neighborhood.

Some people are very skeptical about it, saying that she may have run away with somebody. The fact that she’s already fourteen and, being a teenager, who may be having troubles with the parents at home, make these skeptical people to stick to their thought. Well, we might never know what really happened. What if she has been kidnapped for ransom? You figure it out.

My wife always emphasizes on teaching our kids to be wise and street smart all the time. And she realizes that it is very important to teach our kids from their early age, especially when they start to go to school. I used to not pay much attention to her but now I too understand the importance of being street smart for children. Here’s what she tells me almost regularly: [Read full article]

No comments: